Primenenie steel 08X13
Steel 08X13 is used as a corrosion-resistant structural material, including, welded parts and products with specified requirements for ductility and impact strength. Resistant to mildly aggressive environments. Used as heat resistant (scale-resistant) material for working at temperatures up to 750-800 ºS.
Chemical composition of steel 08X13
Steel class 08Х13 in accordance with GOST 5632-72
According to the GOST classification 5632-72 steel 08X13 belongs to the ferritic class. During high-temperature heating, 08X13 steel undergoes a partial alpha-gamma transformation and can be fully hardened.
Microstructure of steel 08X13
Microstructure of 08Kh13 steel depending on the cooling rate on the heating temperature for hardening:
- after slow cooling – ferrite-carbide mixture;
- after rapid cooling - ferrite and areas of low carbon martensite, which, when tempered, decomposes into a ferrite-carbide mixture.
Steel assortment 08Х13
The following products are made from 08X13 steel:
- thick sheet according to GOST 7350-77;
- thin sheet according to GOST 5582-75;
- long products according to GOST 5949-75;
- hot-deformed pipes according to GOST 9940-81;
- cold-deformed and heat-deformed pipes in accordance with GOST 9941-81.
Mechanical properties of steel 08X13
Mechanical properties of 08X13 steel in various types of products are presented in the table 2.
Influence of temperature rise on mechanical properties of 08X13 steel in sheet thickness 20 mm after quenching with 1000-1200 °With and leave at 600-700 °With exposure 12 hours and air cooling.
Table 3 - Mechanical properties of steel 08X13
at elevated temperatures Corrosion resistance of steel 08X13
Steel 08Х13 has the first (higher) toughness score:
- in nitric acid with concentration 10-20 % at 40 °FROM;
- in nitric acid with concentration 30 % at 20 °FROM;
- in aqueous solutions of all concentrations at a temperature 20-100 °FROM;
- in ethyl alcohol at room temperature;
- in sulfuric acid with concentration 90-100 % at room temperature.
Steel 08X13 is resistant in many food products, such as, fruit and berry mixes, sugar alcohol, flow, edible oil.
Special properties of steel 08X13
Steel 08X13 is used as a heat-resistant material for the manufacture of products, including, welded, for operation in an oxidizing atmosphere at temperatures up to 750-800 °FROM, eg, in the oil refining industry.
When steel 08X13 operates in hydrogen, the maximum permissible atmospheric parameters are 600 °With and 80 MPa.
Density of steel 08Х13 - 7,73 g / cm3.
Welding of steel 08X13
Steel 08X13 is welded by various types of welding. To obtain welded joints with high plasticity, austenitic wire Sv is used as a filler material.-07Х25Н13, Sv-13H25N18 and Sv-08Х20Н9Г7Т.
Heat treatment of welded seams of steel 08X13
Welded structures made of steel 08X13, which are subjected to dynamic loads, after welding is subjected to annealing at 760-780 °Followed by slow cooling.
Welded structures made of steel 08X13, which are not subject to dynamic loads, as well as welded structures for operation at high temperatures are not subjected to heat treatment.
Technological parameters of steel 08X13
Steel 08X13 is plastically deformed in hot and cold states. The temperature range of hot plastic deformation is from 1180 to 900 °FROM. After hot deformation, slow cooling is applied.
For steel 08X13, two main modes of heat treatment are usually used:
- High vacation at 680-780 °With cooling in an oven or in air. The purpose of heat treatment – softening of steel for further technological operations.
- Quenching with 1000-1050 °With cooling in water and tempering at 700-800 °Air-cooled. The purpose of heat treatment is the optimal combination of mechanical properties and corrosion resistance for the final product.